Cheaper Phone Support

Old October 30th 03, 11:00 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Geoff Lane

Default Cheaper Phone Support

I don't know if many people share my dislike of 0870 support numbers
but these non geographic National Rate Numbers attract no discount so
are actually 8p per minute during the day.

I found a way round this charge; most of the Network product producers
are multi national and as such have support numbers in various
countries.

www.telediscount.co.uk is a phone discount company, no registration,
no prepayment, no accounts. There is an access number to dial,
normally 0845, a recorded message tells you the rate of charge.

You can then dial the US support number for your network product at
0845 rates.

I was actually speaking to someone for 45 minutes in India via a US
call centre at 1p per minute off peak.

Worth thinking about.

Geoff Lane