Wireless Network Problems

Old November 3rd 03, 11:10 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
usenet.plus.net

Default Wireless Network Problems

Hi,

I am trying to connect a Win98 notebook wirelessly to my Win XP PC to
share broadband and files etc.

Installed 2 Belkin Wireless network cards. That seems to be OK. Both PCs
are displaying green icons and displaying the same network name. Signal
strength is OK.

The problem is when I run the Network set up wizard. Runs ok on my XP
machine, but when I run netseup from the floppy on my notebook it
requires a reboot. I then get a message to say that it cannot complete
the wizard because it cannot find my network hardware.

As a consequence I cannot seem to see any files on each of the PCs.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Steve