belkin access point

Old November 4th 03, 08:36 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
mozzer

Default belkin access point

Hi, after taking advice from here if got an access point instead of a pci
card ad hoc set up with a laptop.

When i set it up xp says cable unplugged in the properties of my wirless
connection. Is this because I am going straight into my pc with the device?

Do i need a crossover cable?

Thanks.

Old November 4th 03, 10:03 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
mozzer

Sorry, the manual says use a straight lead to a hub/router. Because I am not
using either I need a crossover, right?

Thanks.

Old November 5th 03, 10:35 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Phil Thompson

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 22:03:25 -0000, "mozzer"
wrote:

Sorry, the manual says use a straight lead to a hub/router. Because I am not
using either I need a crossover, right?

probably, though a lot of kit nowadays does autosensing. Might have a
dodgy cable or need to wiggle the plugs, too.

Phil