Wired broadband router

Old November 7th 03, 03:57 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Adrian

Default Wired broadband router

Hi
Does anyone have any experience of Sunsway/ST Lab Broadband Gateway router
w/4-port10/100 switch UK.

This is available from komplett.co.uk for just over 30 (incl del)
http://www.komplett.co.uk/k/ki.asp?a...rpID=2&cks=PRL

Thanks
Adrian

Old November 7th 03, 04:58 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Ian Donaldson

Old November 7th 03, 05:22 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Adrian

"Ian Donaldson" wrote in message
Original Reply

Don't forget you still need a ADSL modem along with the above. I recently
purchased a combined ADSL router/modem from DABs. Easy to setup and has
been running 24/7 for the bast 2 months without a hiccup, and only 10
dearer than the above gateway for the single port version ( Which I use
along with an 8 port switch to connect to the rest of my home network).
The links below are for the single port and 4 port versions

http://www.dabs.com/uk/productView.htm?quicklinx=17P7

http://www.dabs.com/uk/productView.htm?quicklinx=17P8

End of Original Reply

Sorry I forgot to mention I have an NTL cable modem, currently connected to
one of my pc's via ethernet.
I intend to use the router to connect to the cable modem and then setup a
mini network with 3 pc's.

Adrian

Old November 7th 03, 07:17 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Bigguy

Looks a lot like a re-badged Kobian / Mercury unit - if so it is a great bit
of kit and well worth 28....

Main thing is the availability of firmware upgrades....

Guy

Old November 10th 03, 01:07 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Adrian

Adrian wrote:
Hi
Does anyone have any experience of Sunsway/ST Lab Broadband Gateway
router
w/4-port10/100 switch UK.

This is available from komplett.co.uk for just over 30 (incl del)

http://www.komplett.co.uk/k/ki.asp?a...rpID=2&cks=PRL

Thanks
Adrian

Guy
Thanks for the advise.
I have contacted the manufacturer and the firmware is not 'live' upgradable,
a new model is due out in 2 weeks time that will be.
Cheers
Adrian

Old December 16th 03, 11:31 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Ian Donaldson

On 07/11/03, 16:22:38, "Adrian" wrote regarding
Wired broadband router:

[...]

Why not just buy a hub.

Regards Ian Donaldson

Newtownards