Internet Connection sharing via Bluetooth

Old November 9th 03, 05:43 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
King Queen

Default Internet Connection sharing via Bluetooth

I have a Bluetooth-enabled PC and I'm hoping to get a laptop, I'm also
skint so can't afford wireless hubs or whatever. I'd like the laptop
to have access to the Internet.

I'm wondering if I buy a USB dongle for my laptop whether it would be
able to share my Pipex ADSL connection of my computer's on. I notice
the Bluetooth software has a "network access" function but never
really sussed it out.

So: my desktop has the standard Alcatel 330 USB modem which I use to
connect to Pipex, it also has an USB Bluetooth dongle, I could afford
the 20 to buy a USB Bluetooth dongle + software for the Laptop.

Does anybody here use Bluetooth to enable access to the Internet
within 10m or so of a desktop connected via ADSL? (I imagine I would
have to boot into Windows and not Linux :-)

--
King Queen - Remove .lartsspammers to reply. http://www.kingqueen.org.uk
"King Queen and/or the infiltator are ******s IMHO. Net nannies are scum