sharing 56k dialup modem

Old November 13th 03, 04:26 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking,alt.internet.wireless
ff

Default sharing 56k dialup modem

Instead of the obvious of putting dongles on two pcs and starting
internet connection sharing to let them both use the same internet
access simulataneously with one modem and phone line I was thinking of
trying to find one of the older wireless access points with built in
56k modems so I did not have to always leave one of the pc's turned
on.

Anyway the question is if I do this will it work like ics with both
pc's using the same modem simultaneously or will it just appear as a
modem which either one of the pc's can use but only one at a time.

Thank-you.
Old November 13th 03, 04:35 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking,alt.internet.wireless
ff

Oh incidentally I was looking at
http://www.airstation.com/english/pr...lar-l11-m.html
or similar
Old November 13th 03, 04:46 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking,alt.internet.wireless
Jerry Park

ff wrote:
Instead of the obvious of putting dongles on two pcs and starting
internet connection sharing to let them both use the same internet
access simulataneously with one modem and phone line I was thinking of
trying to find one of the older wireless access points with built in
56k modems so I did not have to always leave one of the pc's turned
on.

Anyway the question is if I do this will it work like ics with both
pc's using the same modem simultaneously or will it just appear as a
modem which either one of the pc's can use but only one at a time.

Thank-you.

A router which can connect with a dial up modem will appear to the LAN
the same as a router connecting with any other method (except for speed
differences). The computers on the LAN will be unaware of the method of
connection. Then just connect to the gateway -- the gateway handles the
details.

Old November 13th 03, 08:54 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking,alt.internet.wireless
AJ

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 16:26:00 +0000, ff
wrote:

Instead of the obvious of putting dongles on two pcs and starting
internet connection sharing to let them both use the same internet
access simulataneously with one modem and phone line I was thinking of
trying to find one of the older wireless access points with built in
56k modems so I did not have to always leave one of the pc's turned
on.

Anyway the question is if I do this will it work like ics with both
pc's using the same modem simultaneously or will it just appear as a
modem which either one of the pc's can use but only one at a time.

Thank-you.

All Apple Airports have a 56K built in modem. Yes they work on all
platforms. Start at about $60 on ebay.
http://www.seattlewireless.net/index...wareComparison
When your PC gives a little they give a lot.
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/disco