Netgear ME102 Access Point, SSID is set to DORA and cannot be changed?

Old November 14th 03, 12:34 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Jason Arthurs

Default Netgear ME102 Access Point, SSID is set to DORA and cannot be changed?

I have a Netgear ME102 access point which had never worked since I
bought it. Called Netgear and they diagnosed the PSU was incorrect (5v
800ma, and it should be 5v 1A).

The new PSU arrived and I am now able to communicate to the AP for the
first time, unfortunately I am unable to change the configuration
settings. If I modify the settings and then press 'Set' it pauses for
a few seconds whilst it appears to save the settings.

Unfortunately the settings are never actually changed, and more
strangely the AP has spontaneously changed it's SSID from the default
'Wireless' to 'DORA'. I am now unable to change any settings, despite
the fact that the AP does actually work (but WEP is not enabled).

Anyone else come across this problem before?

Regards,
Jason.
---
Replace nntp with my name to reply.
Old November 14th 03, 02:29 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Jason Arthurs

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 12:34:21 +0000, Jason Arthurs
wrote:

[...]

10 out of 10 to Netgear who just mailed me the updated USB and LAN
manager software which has enabled me to reprogram the AP.

Regards,
Jason.
---
Replace nntp with my name to reply.