Just before I throw it out the window...?

Old November 17th 03, 06:16 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
shawy

Default Just before I throw it out the window...?

Can any kind soul help me figure out why I cant access the internet on my
networked computer?

My main comp is connected to my adsl modem via d-link 614+...the second
computer has a d-link dwl g520 installed...all works well and I can see and
share files between them..however im unable to connect to the internet from
the second computer that has the g520 installed

Any Idea's?

Thanks in advance
Kind regards
Chris Shaw

Old November 17th 03, 06:31 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Rob Morley

shawy wrote:
Can any kind soul help me figure out why I cant access the internet on my
networked computer?

My main comp is connected to my adsl modem via d-link 614+...the second
computer has a d-link dwl g520 installed...all works well and I can see and
share files between them..however im unable to connect to the internet from
the second computer that has the g520 installed

Any Idea's?

Yes - your internet connection sharing isn't working :-)

It might help if you told us what operating systems and software you're
using, and how they're configured.
Old November 17th 03, 06:36 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
shawy

Sorry and thanks...okay, both machines are running windows XP..as for the
rest id love to be able to tell you but I just dont know, no special
software just two machines and a router

"Rob Morley" wrote in message
. com...

Old November 17th 03, 09:28 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Rob Morley

shawy wrote:
"Rob Morley" wrote in message
. com...
shawy wrote:
Can any kind soul help me figure out why I cant access the internet on

my
networked computer?

My main comp is connected to my adsl modem via d-link 614+...the second
computer has a d-link dwl g520 installed...all works well and I can see

and
share files between them..however im unable to connect to the internet

from
the second computer that has the g520 installed

Any Idea's?

Yes - your internet connection sharing isn't working :-)

It might help if you told us what operating systems and software you're
using, and how they're configured.

Sorry and thanks...okay, both machines are running windows XP..as for the
rest id love to be able to tell you but I just dont know, no special
software just two machines and a router

I don't use Windows ICS, but in the absence of any other suggestions:

Have you got PC2 set to use DHCP, and does it get a valid address like
192.168.0.2?