DVD watching over WiFi

Old November 18th 03, 08:23 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Dantes

Default DVD watching over WiFi

Hi

Does anyone know if it is poss to watch a DVD over .11b wireless.
I have a DVD player in my desktop but not in my laptop (a CD-RW). The
desktop is connected to a Netgear router by ethernet whereas the laptop
connects from downstairs using WiFi.

It is a P-III 750 Dell CPx laptop by the way.

Thanks

Old November 18th 03, 08:41 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Graham

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 08:23:24 +0000, Dantes wrote:

Hi

Does anyone know if it is poss to watch a DVD over .11b wireless. I have a
DVD player in my desktop but not in my laptop (a CD-RW). The desktop is
connected to a Netgear router by ethernet whereas the laptop connects from
downstairs using WiFi.

It is a P-III 750 Dell CPx laptop by the way.

Thanks

You can't
Not enough bandwidth avaialble, you can via 100 meg wired ethernet though,
but not over 10 wired meg ethernet. I would think it may be possible over
801.11g as long as you are over a short radio link.
However it is possible to watch compressed video like DivX at quite a
reasonable resolution over 801.11b

graham