Wireless networking sharing a dial up modem Help please

Old November 21st 03, 09:02 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Robert Harrell

Default Wireless networking sharing a dial up modem Help please

Hi, I am hoping to get some help.I have three computers and a Laptop. What
do I need to get rid of the cables go wireless BUT be able to share the dial
up modem not a broadband connection on the main Pc. I have heard it is not
possible with or without an access point. I have been told use Ad-Hoc and
use ICS to sort out the internet connection sharing. I am using WinXP on the
main machine, XP on the lappy and Win98 on the others.I have been able to do
it all with a Router and a broadband connection but where I live ADSL is but
a long lost promise from Telstra. Is it possible to share a dial up modem
connection within a wireless network. Any help and suggestions would leave
what remaining hair I have on the top of my head...Many thanks Robert

Old November 22nd 03, 10:11 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
John

Here is a Router solution, http://www.apple.com/uk/airport/ or
http://www.apple.com.au/airport/