Network Bridging

Old November 24th 03, 11:08 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking,comp.os.linux.networking
Geoff Lane

Default Network Bridging

I am soon to have broadband, I will have an ADSL router to which I
will connect a Wireless Access Point.

This will allow access by three WiFi enabled computers.

One of these WiFi computers is connected to a seperate Wired LAN with
one other computer on the wired circuit.

Can the non WiFi computer on the wired circuit use the WiFi connected
one as a Gateway to access the router and ultimately the Internet.

I appreciate the simple way is probably a WiFi Ethernet Bridge but my
question is as much a learning curve as an option.

Geoff Lane

Old November 25th 03, 11:57 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking,comp.os.linux.networking
Geoff Lane

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 15:55:47 -0000, Conor
wrote:

I am soon to have broadband, I will have an ADSL router to which I
will connect a Wireless Access Point.

This will allow access by three WiFi enabled computers.

One of these WiFi computers is connected to a seperate Wired LAN with
one other computer on the wired circuit.

Can the non WiFi computer on the wired circuit use the WiFi connected
one as a Gateway to access the router and ultimately the Internet.

You set up the computer with both the wired and wireless connection up
as a bridge. I do something similar but the other way round, i.e
wireless to wired.

Right, I assume the router does NAT so how do the computers working
behind the bridge connect, they would, I think, have to go to the
computer acting as a bridge and then to the Router.

Geoff Lane