Wireless ADSL router

Old November 30th 03, 01:01 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Scooby Doo

Default Wireless ADSL router

I need recommendations for a wireless broadband router. Won't really be
using the LAN features so only require 802.11b as this is sufficient for
broadband use, unless of course the 802.11g is reasonably priced.

The features I can think of must include:

ADSL modem
4 port switch
Router
WAP

And nice to haves:

Firewall
And possibly a print server, although I'm not sure how that would work as my
printer is a parallel printer.

Are there any other features I should consider?

Thanks

Old November 30th 03, 11:21 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Jay

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 01:01:30 -0000, "Scooby Doo"
wrote:

I need recommendations for a wireless broadband router. Won't really be
using the LAN features so only require 802.11b as this is sufficient for
broadband use, unless of course the 802.11g is reasonably priced.

By specifying wireless you are ruling out a whole bunch of really good
routers, but you say you won't really be using it.

802.11b prices are plummetting...you could probably buy "seperates"
(router and wap) for roughly the same as a wireless-capable router but
get your exact choice of router features.

You would also be building in a degree of "future proofing" (I hate
the term!) as you can attach the router to any future wap without
having to start from scratch.

just a view

jay