100Mbit PCMCIA NIC only running at 10Mbits, please help!

Old November 30th 03, 09:09 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Dave Williams

Default 100Mbit PCMCIA NIC only running at 10Mbits, please help!

Hi everyone

I have a 100Mbit PCMCIA NIC in my laptop which will only run at 10%
capacity even though the PC at the other end is definitely 100Mbit and
has run at 100Mbit in the past. The PCMCIA bus is a Texas Instruments
PCI-1225 CardBus Controller which according to the TI website has:
'Pipelined Architecture Allows Greater Than 130-MBps Throughput From
CardBus-to-PCI and From PCI-to-CardBus' (see
http://focus.ti.com/docs/prod/folder.../pci1225.html).

Does this mean its 130MBps full duplex or only one way thus preventing a
true 100Mbit connection?

Both systems WinXP Pro, a P3 600 384MB RAM and XP 2600+ 256MB RAM, both
show 100Mbps connection in the network interface properties, connection
type, autosense (only option that provides 100Mbps, the others provide
only 100Kbps) manufacturer: sitecom.

Thanks for your help
--
Dave Williams