D-Link CardBus Adapter -650+

Old November 30th 03, 10:59 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
*elena*

Default D-Link CardBus Adapter -650+

Hi,
I am trying to install an Adsl Wireless net, and the first problem I have is
about the CadBus Adapter D-Link -650+ on my notebook (win 98).
At the first installation everything seemed to be OK. The drivers were fine,
and so was the cardbus (light on). So I have shutted down my NB.
When I switched it on after a couple of hours it was hanging on "Windows 98"
screen, so I reset....same thing.
I pulled off the adapter and the NB was able to switch on again. The drivers
were still installed.
I have disinstalled and installed again, but it was still hanging if adapter
is in.
Bios updated but nothing to do....
Do you have any ideas about why my NB refuse to work if the adapter is
inserted?

thank you

elena

Old December 1st 03, 08:12 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Graham

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 22:59:42 +0000, *elena* wrote:

Hi,
I am trying to install an Adsl Wireless net, and the first problem I have
is about the CadBus Adapter D-Link -650+ on my notebook (win 98). At the
first installation everything seemed to be OK. The drivers were fine, and
so was the cardbus (light on). So I have shutted down my NB. When I
switched it on after a couple of hours it was hanging on "Windows 98"
screen, so I reset....same thing.
I pulled off the adapter and the NB was able to switch on again. The
drivers were still installed.
I have disinstalled and installed again, but it was still hanging if
adapter is in.
Bios updated but nothing to do....
Do you have any ideas about why my NB refuse to work if the adapter is
inserted?

thank you

elena

You may find that if you leave the PC to boot it will eventually come up
itself (allow about 30 mins) If it does, the problem is, it is waiting for
your network to respond. When you have finished configuring your network
and everything is set up OK your PC will boot without any problems.

Graham

Old December 3rd 03, 09:00 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
*elena*

"Graham" ha scritto nel messaggio
s.com...
[...]

It unfortunately doesn't work, maybe there's something wrong in the settings
of the router...

thank you
elena

Old December 3rd 03, 09:21 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Graham

On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 21:00:21 +0000, *elena* wrote:

[...]

I don't think it is the router. Even if it is misconfigured the PC should
eventually give up and continue to boot. It sounds like a hardware driver
problem. If it is a known problem D-link may have fixed the problem.
Check their website for the latest drivers for the card. Make sure you
download the UK specific drivers. The radio frequencies vary depending
which country you live in.

Graham.