VPN - connects but can't see

Old December 2nd 03, 11:01 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Geoff Lane

Default VPN - connects but can't see

I have tried to set up a VPN connection with a friend of mine, we are
both on broadband and I am using a VPN server built in to my router so
I am not using Pass Through.

My friend connects, I can see him as connected on my router manager, I
can ping him but he does NOT show up on Network Neighbourhood.

We have the very basic configuration set up using pptp

Can anyone give me any pointers as to where to look.

Geoff Lane
Welwyn Hatfield Computer Club - Hertfordshire, UK
www.whcc.co.uk - Online facilities for non locals