Making a 2000 PC act as a terminal??

Old December 2nd 03, 11:35 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Chris Wilson

Default Making a 2000 PC act as a terminal??

Is it possible to network 2 PC's running Windows 2000 Pro, and have one
PC act as a terminal to another, just as though it had 2 keyboards and 2
screens? How? Thanks

I want to be able to use a PC in another room from my office and have the
main, office based PC store all changes as if I were using THAT one.

I have heard of VNC, will that run fairly quickly over a 100BaseT LAN
using Netbui or TCP/IP?

--

Best Regards,
Chris.
Old December 2nd 03, 12:29 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Bernard Peek

In message , Chris Wilson
writes
Is it possible to network 2 PC's running Windows 2000 Pro, and have one
PC act as a terminal to another, just as though it had 2 keyboards and 2
screens? How? Thanks

I want to be able to use a PC in another room from my office and have the
main, office based PC store all changes as if I were using THAT one.

I have heard of VNC, will that run fairly quickly over a 100BaseT LAN
using Netbui or TCP/IP?

VNC should do it. There is a commercial product called PC Anywhere. I
have seen copies of it on magazine covermount disks.

--
Bernard Peek

Old December 2nd 03, 03:04 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Jay

On Tue, 2 Dec 2003 11:35:02 -0000, Chris Wilson
wrote:

Is it possible to network 2 PC's running Windows 2000 Pro, and have one
PC act as a terminal to another, just as though it had 2 keyboards and 2
screens? How? Thanks

I want to be able to use a PC in another room from my office and have the
main, office based PC store all changes as if I were using THAT one.

I have heard of VNC, will that run fairly quickly over a 100BaseT LAN
using Netbui or TCP/IP?

I've used RealVNC in the situation you describe...very fast over
100mbps tcp/ip.

jay
Old December 3rd 03, 08:20 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
deKay

Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Tue, 2 Dec
2003 11:35:02 -0000, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do
uk.comp.home-networking, yawatina tan reek esk Chris Wilson
fornis do marikano es bono tan el:

Is it possible to network 2 PC's running Windows 2000 Pro, and have one
PC act as a terminal to another, just as though it had 2 keyboards and 2
screens? How? Thanks

I want to be able to use a PC in another room from my office and have the
main, office based PC store all changes as if I were using THAT one.

I have heard of VNC, will that run fairly quickly over a 100BaseT LAN
using Netbui or TCP/IP?

Yes, very fast - it works fine over dialup

deKay
--
+ Lofi Gaming - www.lofi-gaming.org.uk AC: deKay in Sponge
|- ugvm Magazine - www.ugvm.org.uk Gamertag: deKay 01