pringles

Old December 4th 03, 03:38 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
beef & onion crisps

Default pringles

hi all. i saw an article on how to extend the range of your wireless
connection using - among other things - a pringles can.
my question is this:
i have a laptop (toshiba m30 p4m) with a built in wireless card, can i take
advantage of the pringles can thang or not? i dont know to much about the
subject, ive read a bit about it but it always seems to tell me that i must
connect a cable directly to a wieless (pcmcia card).

cheers

steve

Old December 4th 03, 09:52 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Dave Stanton

On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 16:38:57 +0100, beef & onion crisps wrote:

hi all. i saw an article on how to extend the range of your wireless
connection using - among other things - a pringles can. my question is
this:
i have a laptop (toshiba m30 p4m) with a built in wireless card, can i
take advantage of the pringles can thang or not? i dont know to much about
the subject, ive read a bit about it but it always seems to tell me that i
must connect a cable directly to a wieless (pcmcia card).

cheers

steve

If your wireless card has a removable antenna ( aerial )or an aerial
socket, yes you can.
Otherwise no.

Dave