Walk thru setup Home network

Old December 6th 03, 08:06 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Louis AA

Default Walk thru setup Home network

I need a router and explicit instructions on how to make a share the DIAL UP
54K Internet connection. Host is Desktop with internal modem. Client is the
Laptop with integrated IEEE 802.11b wireless. I have a BROADBAND Linksys
connected to the Host via Ethernet cable ONLY. Remember this is NOT a
broadband internet connection. It is strictly 54K DIAL UP. Can you walk me
thru this? There is a disc with the Linksys Broadband Router BEFW11S4 (and
according to Linksys is not designed for Dial Up). Goal is to use the Laptop
wireless to connect to the Internet thru the Host Dial Up modem and/or
update all the databases on the Host.

Old December 7th 03, 11:38 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Jay

On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 20:06:41 GMT, "Louis AA"
wrote:

I need a router and explicit instructions on how to make a share the DIAL UP
54K Internet connection. Host is Desktop with internal modem. Client is the
Laptop with integrated IEEE 802.11b wireless. I have a BROADBAND Linksys
connected to the Host via Ethernet cable ONLY. Remember this is NOT a
broadband internet connection. It is strictly 54K DIAL UP. Can you walk me
thru this? There is a disc with the Linksys Broadband Router BEFW11S4 (and
according to Linksys is not designed for Dial Up). Goal is to use the Laptop
wireless to connect to the Internet thru the Host Dial Up modem and/or
update all the databases on the Host.

Sell the Linksys, buy a Belkin 11b WAP and an hour's support time from
a competent engineer. If you are in North West England I might be
able to help.

jay