HELP! Cable Modem Problem...

Old December 7th 03, 07:06 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Just A Bloke

Default HELP! Cable Modem Problem...

We have a cable modem - a Webstar DPX - that connects via USB and it works
great.

However, we want to network our PC with a laptop using ICS to allow cable to
be shared.

As soon as we put a Network Card in the desktop PC, we lose the cable
connection. It says the cable connection is working fine and that the
network card is working fine - but it cannot access the internet or email.

Any thoughts on what is going on? The ISP is Blue Yonder...