Netgear DG834G

Old December 8th 03, 04:57 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Scooby Doo

Default Netgear DG834G

Looking to get an all in one kit (WAP, ADSL modem/switch/router) and haved
decided on the Netgear DG834G.

From what I've read all seems fine but I have one concern - that if you move
a large file (200MB) it crashes. Has this been fixed and what firmware
should I be looking for that incorporates this fix?

Alternatively, if someone can suggest a better all-in-one kit I'd be happy
to receive your recommendations.

Thanks

Old December 8th 03, 05:23 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Sunil Sood

"Scooby Doo" wrote in message
Looking to get an all in one kit (WAP, ADSL modem/switch/router) and haved
decided on the Netgear DG834G.

From what I've read all seems fine but I have one concern - that if you

move
a large file (200MB) it crashes. Has this been fixed and what firmware
should I be looking for that incorporates this fix?

I believe that was a problem with the DG824M, not the DG834G which is the
replacement model.

Alternatively, if someone can suggest a better all-in-one kit I'd be happy
to receive your recommendations.

Many other companies are releasing their all in one boxes either this month
or next month including Belkin and Draytek

You may also want to have a look at the DSL hardware forum at
http://www.adslguide.org.uk/

Regards
Sunil