Networking to Main TV

Old December 9th 03, 09:00 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Topper

Default Networking to Main TV

I have a spare computer knocking around with Windows ME and was thinking
about the possibility of plugging it in next to my widescreen tv in the
front room and through the network cable already in place for my xbox using
to browse the net in the warmth of my front room.

I was considering doing it by purchasing a TV out card and cordless keyboard
and mouse and was just wondering about the following things:

Can I get a reasonably good TV out card at a decent price?

Are cordless keyboard and mouses much cop? Hopefully there nothing like the
Sky Keyboard Ive got which has an awful delay.

I Think I know what I'm doing with the rest hopefully but was windering if
anyone could recommend doing the above.

Thanks!

Old December 9th 03, 10:44 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Bigguy

The main problem is displaying PC stuff on a TV with a crappy 720 x 576
resolution - that's not even XGA
A card with S-Video out or RGB (if available) would give best results, but
don't expect too much....
See ATI and Matrox.

Gyromouse make excellent cordless mice + keyboard.... not cheap but great
build and 30m range (RF)....
http://www.gyration.com/products_uk.htm

Logitech do cheaper, more domestic jobs....

Guy