port forwarding to multiple pcs?

Old December 10th 03, 11:49 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
andmoreagain

Default port forwarding to multiple pcs?

this may be a really dumb question but if i have a home network with several
pc's each running msn messenger, how would i set up port forwarding so each
pc could use it?

i assume i would need to set up a new forward for each port/ip address
configuration. is this correct?

Old December 11th 03, 03:03 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Richard Haygreen

what is your router? In my experiance you shouldn't need any sort of port
forwarding. Port forwarding is there so when a request that starts outside
your LAN comes in the router knows what to do with it. Because messenger
signs in from within your network that connection is already there, and the
router knows what to do with the data. I have a LAN with 6 machines, all
running messenger, never had to set up port forwarding.

"Conor" wrote in message
In article ,
says...
this may be a really dumb question but if i have a home network with

several
pc's each running msn messenger, how would i set up port forwarding so

each
pc could use it?

i assume i would need to set up a new forward for each port/ip address
configuration. is this correct?

Depends entirely on how your LAN is set up.

--
Conor

A high I.Q is like a Jeep. You still get stuck, just further from help.