Router + Broadband = No Network under Windows

Old December 12th 03, 06:37 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
dirtycow

Default Router + Broadband = No Network under Windows

Hi All,
Ive got 3 PC's plumbed into a Linksys Router + 4 port switch plugged into
NTL 600K broadband.

All can access the net fine, but Im having problems working out how to get a
network between the 3 PC's so we can share files / printer etc. I do the
network setup wizard under XP on every PC, using the same workgroup name,
but none of the PC's are having any of it.

Is there a different process to setup a home network with a router as
opposed to wthout? If so, what is it

Cheers
Matt

Old December 12th 03, 08:27 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
BRG

"dirtycow" wrote in
:

Hi All,
Ive got 3 PC's plumbed into a Linksys Router + 4 port switch
plugged into NTL 600K broadband.

All can access the net fine, but Im having problems working out
how to get a network between the 3 PC's so we can share files /
printer etc. I do the network setup wizard under XP on every PC,
using the same workgroup name, but none of the PC's are having
any of it.

Is there a different process to setup a home network with a
router as opposed to wthout? If so, what is it

XP's network setup wizard is probably the source of your troubles -
try here for help:

http://www.practicallynetworked.com/...ilesharing.htm

--
BRG