ADSL - dns errors?

Old December 12th 03, 10:03 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Mark Hocking

Default ADSL - dns errors?

Hi,
I have installed a Speedtouch 510 v4 router & last night it worked fine.
Today I can connect to mail server & news but when I try to load up a
webpage I keep getting "cannot find server" errors.

On Freeserve ADSL 512kbps.

Any ideas?
TIA
Mark

Old December 13th 03, 04:57 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
dirtycow

I have installed a Speedtouch 510 v4 router & last night it worked fine.
Today I can connect to mail server & news but when I try to load up a
webpage I keep getting "cannot find server" errors.

On Freeserve ADSL 512kbps.

Weird, Im getting the exact same thing but on NTL broadband 600kbps with a
Linksys Router. Mine has been working fine, and now is just playing around
constantly

matt

Old December 18th 03, 03:59 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
bonzo

Mark Hocking wrote:

Hi,
I have installed a Speedtouch 510 v4 router & last night it worked fine.
Today I can connect to mail server & news but when I try to load up a
webpage I keep getting "cannot find server" errors.

On Freeserve ADSL 512kbps.

Any ideas?
TIA
Mark

Try using different DNS servers, because of the way the internet works
it can be any DNS server pair