Linksys WRT54g and a Linksys WMP54G

Old December 16th 03, 11:38 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Tyrant

Default Linksys WRT54g and a Linksys WMP54G

I have used the above to connect my daughters computer to my broadband
connection without problem..

Is there any way I can link our two PC's together, to share files, etc etc..
We both run XP, and have fairly newish PC's

Mine is an XP1900 athlon, hers is a XP2500 Athlon.

Please if someone can give me an idea as to how this is done.. I would be
most grateful.

Rgds
Neil

Old December 21st 03, 09:31 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Jay

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 11:38:51 -0000, "Tyrant"
wrote:

I have used the above to connect my daughters computer to my broadband
connection without problem..

Is there any way I can link our two PC's together, to share files, etc etc..
We both run XP, and have fairly newish PC's

Mine is an XP1900 athlon, hers is a XP2500 Athlon.

Please if someone can give me an idea as to how this is done.. I would be
most grateful.

You are virtually there...turn on file sharing in windows.

As you are running XP, you could run the home network wizard....

You need to pick which folders you actually want to share, and allow
this in the "properties".

jay