ADSL wireless router

Old December 17th 03, 01:49 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Ben

Default ADSL wireless router

Hi,

I'm looking to network a friends house. I've networked my own quite easily
as I'm on cable so my cable modem has a CAT5 connection which can easily
plug into routers, etc. My friend is on ADSL and is connected by an ADSL
modem which only has a USB connection. How would I go about connecting a
wireless router to an ADSL modem which only has a USB connection?

Cheers

Ben

Old December 18th 03, 04:00 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Geoff Lane

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 13:49:14 -0000, "Ben" wrote:

Hi,

I'm looking to network a friends house. I've networked my own quite easily
as I'm on cable so my cable modem has a CAT5 connection which can easily
plug into routers, etc. My friend is on ADSL and is connected by an ADSL
modem which only has a USB connection. How would I go about connecting a
wireless router to an ADSL modem which only has a USB connection?

I'm not absolutely sure here but the main machine may have to be set
up as a server like many of us used to do before the days of ADSL and
routers.

I'm sure there is a way but a router/modem is only marginally more
expensive than a router anyway so may be better to save any headaches
and buy a new ADSL modem router.

Geoff Lane

Old December 19th 03, 10:26 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
zoot

Ben wrote:
Hi,

I'm looking to network a friends house. I've networked my own quite easily
as I'm on cable so my cable modem has a CAT5 connection which can easily
plug into routers, etc. My friend is on ADSL and is connected by an ADSL
modem which only has a USB connection. How would I go about connecting a
wireless router to an ADSL modem which only has a USB connection?

Cheers

Ben

Suggest:
or similar as it has a BUILT-IN connector for the ADSL and a pass-thru
for the phone line.