IP address already in use?

Old December 19th 03, 02:36 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.comm,comp.sys.mac.hardware.misc,comp.sys.mac.misc,comp.sys.mac.portables,comp.sys.mac.system,uk.comp.home-networking
Lord Shaolin

Default IP address already in use?

DaveC wisely said the following on 19/12/2003 14:00:
snip

I re-checked all the IP's for these devices. This address is used by only one
of them. I don't see where there could be a conflict.

Any suggestions where to look next would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

That is the IP address of the internal interface of the router.

Don't use 192.168.1.1

Use 192.168.1.2-255

ST

--
Get your Geek Goodies!
http://shop.security-forums.com

.: http://www.security-forums.com :.

Share your knowledge
It's a way to achieve
Immortality.
Old December 19th 03, 03:03 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Geoff Lane

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 14:36:09 +0000, Lord Shaolin
wrote:

DaveC wisely said the following on 19/12/2003 14:00:
snip

I re-checked all the IP's for these devices. This address is used by only one
of them. I don't see where there could be a conflict.

Any suggestions where to look next would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

That is the IP address of the internal interface of the router.

Don't use 192.168.1.1

Use 192.168.1.2-255

Normally on routers DHCP operates by default and that normally starts
at 192.168.1.10

It does seem that DaveC has set an incorrect IP address somewhere.

Geoff Lane

Old December 20th 03, 12:57 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
payback

Lord Shaolin wrote in
:

DaveC wisely said the following on 19/12/2003 14:00:
snip

I re-checked all the IP's for these devices. This address is used by
only one of them. I don't see where there could be a conflict.

Any suggestions where to look next would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

That is the IP address of the internal interface of the router.

Don't use 192.168.1.1

Use 192.168.1.2-255

ST

Just to be safe I usually tell it to start in the 100 block. 100, 101,
102...