DHCP Leased Time

Old December 19th 03, 03:26 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking,comp.os.linux.networking
Geoff Lane

Default DHCP Leased Time

My router displays DHCP data which includes Leased Time

Two of the readings are as follows;

25:25:21.800
2:09:57.080

What do these mean? The manual makes no mention (Now there's a
surprise).

Geoff Lane

Old December 23rd 03, 01:24 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking,comp.os.linux.networking
Antoine EMERIT

Geoff Lane écrivait
:

My router displays DHCP data which includes Leased Time

Two of the readings are as follows;

25:25:21.800
2:09:57.080

What do these mean? The manual makes no mention (Now there's a
surprise).

Leased Time are the maximum time the ip served by the dhcpd is reserved
to your host.

The lowest number give you the delay your host have to request again its
ip, the upper number say the maximum delay your host can keep this ip.

Your host ask your ip after the first delay, and retry if it can't get
immedialtaly the answer. If it received no answer, with new Leased Time,
after the second delay it lost its ip.

Regards

Old December 24th 03, 03:57 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking,comp.os.linux.networking
Geoff Lane

On 23 Dec 2003 13:24:36 GMT, Antoine EMERIT
wrote:

Geoff Lane écrivait
:

My router displays DHCP data which includes Leased Time

Two of the readings are as follows;

25:25:21.800
2:09:57.080

What do these mean? The manual makes no mention (Now there's a
surprise).

Leased Time are the maximum time the ip served by the dhcpd is reserved
to your host.

The lowest number give you the delay your host have to request again its
ip, the upper number say the maximum delay your host can keep this ip.

Your host ask your ip after the first delay, and retry if it can't get
immedialtaly the answer. If it received no answer, with new Leased Time,
after the second delay it lost its ip.

Still a little confused, there appear to be four seperate numbers,
three seperated by a colon and the lasy seperated by a full stop.

Geoff Lane

Old December 25th 03, 01:09 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking,comp.os.linux.networking
Francois Labreque

Program ended abnormally on 24/12/2003 10:57, Due to a catastrophic
Geoff Lane error:
On 23 Dec 2003 13:24:36 GMT, Antoine EMERIT
wrote:

Geoff Lane écrivait
m:

My router displays DHCP data which includes Leased Time

Two of the readings are as follows;

25:25:21.800
2:09:57.080

What do these mean? The manual makes no mention (Now there's a
surprise).

Leased Time are the maximum time the ip served by the dhcpd is reserved
to your host.

The lowest number give you the delay your host have to request again its
ip, the upper number say the maximum delay your host can keep this ip.

Your host ask your ip after the first delay, and retry if it can't get
immedialtaly the answer. If it received no answer, with new Leased Time,
after the second delay it lost its ip.

Still a little confused, there appear to be four seperate numbers,
three seperated by a colon and the lasy seperated by a full stop.

hours:minutes:seconds.miliseconds

--
Francois Labreque | The surest sign of the existence of extra-
flabreque | terrestrial intelligence is that they never

Old December 28th 03, 12:01 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking,comp.os.linux.networking
Geoff Lane

"Francois Labreque" wrote in message

My router displays DHCP data which includes Leased Time

Two of the readings are as follows;

25:25:21.800
2:09:57.080

What do these mean? The manual makes no mention (Now there's a
surprise).

Still a little confused, there appear to be four seperate numbers,
three seperated by a colon and the lasy seperated by a full stop.

hours:minutes:seconds.miliseconds

My router display shows the IP address allocated to my Access Point leased
for 0:0:04.990, if I read that correctly it is 4 seconds and 900 miliseconds

It does not alter if I refresh the router display so I am obviously still
misunderstanding something.

Geoff Lane