linked wired network(downstairs) to mixed wired/wireless network (upstairs)

Old February 1st 04, 05:49 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Matt

Default linked wired network(downstairs) to mixed wired/wireless network (upstairs)

HI

Hope someone can hep me, I've tired to have a go myself but with no luck.

Scenario:

Upstairs:
Ethernet DSL modem connection and Linux box both wired and connected to the
back of Linksys Wrt54g running Samadhi2 - v2.00.8.6sv firmware, all wireless
pcs/laptops both upstairs and downstairs connect to this on channel 6 using
128WEP. - All machines connected to this setup can see each other and
interact as they should.

Downstairs:
Two Tivo PVRs and one Desktop PC connected to a wired hub.

What I want to achieve is connecting the downstairs setup to the upstairs
setup.
I have a spare Linksys WAP11 converted to Dlink AWP-900+ with 2.6 firmware
and was thinking of using this to get the downstairs setup to talk to the
upstairs setup. Is it possible and more importantly how?

TIA

Matt

Old February 1st 04, 07:35 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Jay

On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 17:49:06 -0000, "Matt"
wrote:

HI

Hope someone can hep me, I've tired to have a go myself but with no luck.
Is it possible and more importantly how?

Run a cable between the two?

jay
Old February 1st 04, 07:59 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Matt

Hi

I was hoping for a way to connect the two setups wirelessly.

Matt

Old February 2nd 04, 02:41 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
deKay

Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Sun, 1 Feb
2004 19:59:45 -0000, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do
uk.comp.home-networking, yawatina tan reek esk "Matt"
fornis do marikano es bono tan el:

I was hoping for a way to connect the two setups wirelessly.

I have the following setup: (fixed width font time!)

.PDA
PC 1 .
| . Netgear
cable modem-- router -----3Com WAP . . . . . . Wireless
& switch Bridge
| |
PC 2 |
PC 3--(wired)Hub--Xbox

PS2

The --- and | are wired links, the . . . are wireless. The right "half" of
the diagram is downstairs, and the left "half" up. Everything can get on the
internet, and see each other.

Hope that helps!

deKay
--
+ Lofi Gaming - www.lofi-gaming.org.uk
|- ugvm Magazine - www.ugvm.org.uk
Old February 8th 04, 10:26 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
RobS

"Matt" wrote in message
[...]

Hi Matt,

I have a setup similar to you. What you need to do is connect the downstairs
hub to a Wireless bridge and use this to connect wireless to the Linksys
router. I'm a netgear user myself so I can't verify it's interoperability
with the Linksys but the bridge I use is a Netgear WGE101. Works Great.

Rob.