Network card

Old July 27th 04, 03:37 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Chumana

Default Network card

Having just had a look at one of my old PC's I want to add into a network,
it says it has a "dial-up adapter" installed, presumably onboard the MB.

Would this be sufficient to connect to an ADSL router, to share broadband
internet and file-sharing access, via an RJ45, or do I still need a 10/100
Ethernet card?

Cheers!

--
"Bad habits are just the worn out ruts
of the mind, paths that once led to

Old July 27th 04, 05:08 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Bernard Peek

In message , Chumana
writes
Having just had a look at one of my old PC's I want to add into a network,
it says it has a "dial-up adapter" installed, presumably onboard the MB.

Would this be sufficient to connect to an ADSL router, to share broadband
internet and file-sharing access, via an RJ45, or do I still need a 10/100
Ethernet card?

No, the dial-up adapter refers to a modem connection. You need to add
the network card, which should cost 5-10. That will enable you to
connect to an ADSL router. If you have other machines you can share
access to the router via a local network.

--
Bernard Peek