Network Printer wont work...

Old August 1st 04, 12:43 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Parrappa

Default Network Printer wont work...

Hi guys....I have a little bit of a problem, I'm new to netoworking.
have a Linksys WRT54GS wireless router. But my Printer and my compute
are plugged directly into the router. The Printer is a Xerox Phase
8200, which has a network card in it. I connected the printer, and se
up an IP address for the printer using the control panel on the printe
itself. I made sure the IP was similar, but lower then the range o
DHCP. It doesn't matter what I set it to, I cannot connect to thi
printer. By typing the IP address of the printer in a web page, i
just doesn't open up. Last night it worked for a little bit, and the
it just stopped on its own, I haven't been able to communicate with i
since. Please help m
-
Parrapp

Old August 1st 04, 02:03 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Agent News Reader

is the IP address in the same subnet of your network

can you ping the IP address of the printer ?

On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 22:43:07 GMT, Parrappa
wrote:

Hi guys....I have a little bit of a problem, I'm new to netoworking. I
have a Linksys WRT54GS wireless router. But my Printer and my computer
are plugged directly into the router. The Printer is a Xerox Phaser
8200, which has a network card in it. I connected the printer, and set
up an IP address for the printer using the control panel on the printer
itself. I made sure the IP was similar, but lower then the range of
DHCP. It doesn't matter what I set it to, I cannot connect to this
printer. By typing the IP address of the printer in a web page, it
just doesn't open up. Last night it worked for a little bit, and then
it just stopped on its own, I haven't been able to communicate with it
since. Please help me

Old August 1st 04, 09:02 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Dave Watson

"Parrappa" wrote in message
groups.com...

Please help me

Hi,

If the Linksys router has the IP address e.g. 192.168.1.1, the printer must
have an IP address 192.168.1.x (where x = a number between 2 and 254. The
subnet mask needs also to be set to 255.255.255.0.

Any other number specified and I'm afraid it wont work if the printer is
plugged directly in to the router.

HTH,

Dave

Old August 2nd 04, 12:43 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Parrappa

thankyou very much guys, I got the printer working....

now I can't get my wireless game adapter to work, I made a post abou
it about 2 threads up..
-
Parrapp