Install my Buffalo router. North London?

Old August 3rd 04, 01:36 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
h2so4

Default Install my Buffalo router. North London?

Hello,

I've been fighting to re-install a Buffalo Air Station Router WBR-B11/G54
and a repeater bridge WLA 54c. I'm looking for someone living in or near
North London who is knowledgeable about wifi (preferably also familiar with
Buffalo products) who would be interested in doing this in return for a
suitable fee. All that is involved is plugging in and installing in into my
PC. My system is based on a Pentium IV 3.0c on an Abit IC7-G with a Gigabyte
of memory. All the components are current with up to date drivers and my OS
is Windows XP Home SP1a. I also have Norton's Internet Security installed.
We also have a Sony Viao laptop which we use around the house, hence the
requirement for wifi. Setting up the Buffalo card on the laptop was a breeze
so no work is required on it. All this stuff worked well with my 1.5 Mb
broadband connection.

I'm more interested in computing than computers and whilst I'm moderately
competent in building and maintaining my computer, networking is a black art
to me. I guess the work would take around an hour or two at most and think a
fee of 50-00 cash would be a fair payment. I would of course guarantee a
cup or two of decent coffee and to keep the hordes captive millionairess
nymphomaniacs from interrupting you whilst you're in my home!

Please email if you're competent and interested. Please use this in your
mail subject header BUFFALO ROUTER. Do use caps or I might miss your post as
I am a new user of Mailwasher Pro.

Many thanks,

Ron

Old August 3rd 04, 05:48 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
h2so4

If you read my post above thank you for your interest but I've now found a
local firm who'll do the job within my budget.