Bluetooth or WiFi for networking, file transfer only

Old August 4th 04, 02:21 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Rob Morley

Default Bluetooth or WiFi for networking, file transfer only

In article , "BORG"
says...
Not worried about sharing internet connection, will be used for file
sharing only, HDDs in a small comp in cupboard and lappy on desk as
main computer.

Is there a question in there somewhere?
:-)
Old August 4th 04, 09:33 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Bowman

"BORG" wrote in message
On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 02:21:59 +0100, Rob Morley
wrote:

In article , "BORG"
says...
Not worried about sharing internet connection, will be used for file
sharing only, HDDs in a small comp in cupboard and lappy on desk as
main computer.

Is there a question in there somewhere?
:-)

he he, its late leave me alone i'm not well

ok the question is

Just for file transfer is the bluetooth option the best as it would be
cheaper ?

Depends on how slow you want the transfers to be! Bluetooth is currently
limited to 1mbit, and I usually don't get anywhere near that when I'm
transferring stuff to my phone or pda.

I'm using 54g wifi, and although I never get speeds close to 54mbit either
it's obviously much faster than bluetooth. It's also less hassle as bluetooth
can be very flaky.

Bowman