Home network gone US grr

Old August 5th 04, 07:44 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Paul Henry

Default Home network gone US grr

Hi Guys

A mate has pointed me accross to you guys becouse im having some majore
probs with my home network and to be honest its getting to the point were im
having to hide the hammers or it could get expesive :-)

What I have at the moment is an Intellinet Router and Ethernet cards in my 2
systems and there connected to the router with crossover cables I now know
they should be straight but they work so not going to worrie too much.

I can get both of these to see eachother and work the net on DSL

We now have a 3rd comp in the living room so I put on windows xp it sees the
network card great its the same as my 2 cards so off I go get the x over
cable plug it in and after some friggin about it can see my base 1 as I call
it my main pc but not my other pc base 2

On my base 1 I can see pc in living room but not on base 2

I also cant get an internet connection on the pc3
Is this likly to be the cable or is it best to start from scratch the way my
2 systems are set out is base 1 is my work pc and base 2 is on a 24/7 link
on the net and I play with video edditing so use that one and leave all my
normal work on base 1

all I can say now is HELPPPPPPPPPP if you need anymore info let me know but
im ready to get the sledge hammer out here

All the best Paul