Networking advice please

Old August 6th 04, 07:22 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
AMC

Default Networking advice please

I've had a Linksys Wireless G router for just over a year. HAs worked OK
until now, but has developed a fault which Linksys support say means
replacing the router. Its only 2 months out of warranty so I've challenged
them to see if they will replace it free.

Anyway, assuming the worse. Dont think I'll go for another Linky if this is
an example of their reliability. Secondly, the second PC with the wireless
PC card is up stairs and at best gest a "Fair" signal and hasn't been
entirely up to my expectations. Two questions. What would others
recommend for a replacement broadband router / switch with wireless and hard
cable connection options for use in a simple home network. Secondly, if I
go for another make say Netgear, will the Linksys PCI wireless card on the
remote PC work, or is that worthless too ?

Thanks
Andrew