UK vs EU firmware D-link DSL-G604T

Old August 7th 04, 11:00 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking,uk.telecom.broadband
silva

Default UK vs EU firmware D-link DSL-G604T

Hi

I bought in a French internet store a UK version of ADSL router D-link
DSL-G604T to use in here in Portugal. I already update the firmware with the
UK version to solve some DNS problems. It works well now.

But I found another version of the firmware with the reference EU. Which of
them I must use here in Portugal, UK or EU? Why two versions?

Thanks,
Joćo Silva
Portugal

Old August 8th 04, 11:09 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking,uk.telecom.broadband
Piers James

I second that idea. If your router is working fine with the firmware you
have then leave it that way. Or speak to D-link technical and see what they
say, but I would leave things as they are.

"African Bios" wrote in message
"silva" wrote in
:

Hi

I bought in a French internet store a UK version of ADSL router
D-link DSL-G604T to use in here in Portugal. I already update the
firmware with the UK version to solve some DNS problems. It works well
now.

But I found another version of the firmware with the reference EU.
Which of them I must use here in Portugal, UK or EU? Why two versions?

Thanks,
Joćo Silva
Portugal

If your router is working well, I would suggest not making trying to fix
it. Unless the EU firmware offer you specific feature that you want

--
Remove nyet / block or change dot to .
to reply Thank you