Bluetooth USB Adapter

Old August 8th 04, 07:48 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Niaz Khan

Default Bluetooth USB Adapter

I got given a bluetooth usb adapter - just wondering can I use this for home
networking ?

I plan on creating a home network in the next 6 months.

--
Niaz Khan
'..getting old & still playing video games..'

Old August 8th 04, 09:21 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
lurch

On Sun, 8 Aug 2004 18:48:03 +0100, "Niaz Khan"
strung together this:

- just wondering can I use this for home
networking ?

Not unless all your machines are on one desk and you want it to be a
slow network.
Bluetooth is fine for small amounts of data between phones and pda's
etc.. but for networking go for proper wi-fi.
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd
Old August 8th 04, 10:08 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Niaz Khan

"Lurch" wrote in message
On Sun, 8 Aug 2004 18:48:03 +0100, "Niaz Khan"
strung together this:

- just wondering can I use this for home
networking ?

Not unless all your machines are on one desk and you want it to be a
slow network.
Bluetooth is fine for small amounts of data between phones and pda's
etc.. but for networking go for proper wi-fi.

In that case on ebay it goes ......

Old August 9th 04, 09:21 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
lurch

On Sun, 8 Aug 2004 21:08:18 +0100, "Niaz Khan"
strung together this:

In that case on ebay it goes ......

Or you could send it to me in exchange for a couple of quid, I could
do with one.
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd