Cordless V90 access

Old August 9th 04, 11:22 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Geoff Lane

Default Cordless V90 access

The device mentioned below is made by Sagem and marketed by BT, very
useful even as a standby for broadband users but I am wondering...

I don't think I've seen lately any computer that is not sold with an
inclusive modem so wonder why is there not just an extra socket in the
DECT phone to plug the existing modem in; I would have thought it
would be a cheaper option that another modem.

Geoff Lane

Cordless Phone and Surf
Another bright idea from Sagem - the solution for both cordless phone
and cordless Internet access
The DCP2530 product combines DECT technology with a data modem to
produce a high-added-value cordless product which allows you to enjoy
your freedom of movement, both for surfing the net from your computer,
and for your telephone calls, wherever you are.

The data module attaches to your computer via the USB connector.
Compatible with both Desktop and Laptop PCs, it allows the exchange of
data by radio between PC and the DECT basestation. This compact and
light module allows you to continue to surf the net from your computer
within a 50 metre radius of your base. You can move your PC from room
to room without telephone cable over the walls.

The DECT base is the core of the device. It comprises an Answering
machine with 15 minutes of recording time, a V90 56 Kbps data modem,
as well as the DECT voice and data communication management. It is
possible to register up to 6 handsets or data modules onto the same
base.