home wireless network

Old August 10th 04, 12:49 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Steve

Default home wireless network

Hi as previously stated i need to set up a network for 2 pcs and 2
laptops, the hose is on 3 floored house, walls are plasterboard etc.
The client wants wireless so what should be on my shopping list?
They are on NTL,

I understand i need a router thinking of
http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop...dband%20Router
any recomendations?

Network cards or i was thinking of
http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop...&ProductID=806

And i think a repeater to boost the signal to the top floor again im
thinking
http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop...&ProductID=529

any other advice help appreciated.

Steve
Old August 10th 04, 01:21 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Frank le Spikkin

Steve wrote in
:

The Linksys router and adapter work fine IME. A PC Card for the
laptops can be more convenient than a trailing USB wire.

And i think a repeater to boost the signal to the top floor
again im thinking

I'd check coverage first - if it ain't broke etc. I'm not sure what
this does to help with the problem anyway?

Old August 10th 04, 11:14 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Frank le Spikkin

Steve wrote in
:

On 10 Aug 2004 11:21:46 GMT, Frank le Spikkin
wrote:

Steve wrote in
m:

The Linksys router and adapter work fine IME. A PC Card for the
laptops can be more convenient than a trailing USB wire.

And i think a repeater to boost the signal to the top floor
again im thinking

I'd check coverage first - if it ain't broke etc. I'm not sure
what this does to help with the problem anyway?

Errrm, I can't see any comment from you Steve - was that your slip
or is my newsreader broken?