Linksys WRT54G Router setup

Old August 11th 04, 02:48 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Ayub Khan

Default Linksys WRT54G Router setup

Hi
I have just installed the above and a similar wirless 54g PMCIA card in my
second computer. Although i can access the net on the second pc,i can not
share printer and files between the pc's. I have gone into the router setup
192.168.1.1, but i can hardly understand what would be the best setting for
the above problem.If you got this router and you can share files and printer
and able to control the access times on the 2nd pc, can you give me an
example of the settings, so i can setup mine to do above. Alternatively give
me a good website to do this setup.

Thanks
Ayub Khan

Old August 11th 04, 03:41 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
mike

it is not controlled by the router.
makesure all versions of windows u use have file & printer sharing
installed.

then add sharenames to the printers and harddrives

mike

"Ayub Khan" wrote in message
Hi
I have just installed the above and a similar wirless 54g PMCIA card in my
second computer. Although i can access the net on the second pc,i can not
share printer and files between the pc's. I have gone into the router

setup
192.168.1.1, but i can hardly understand what would be the best setting

for
the above problem.If you got this router and you can share files and

printer
and able to control the access times on the 2nd pc, can you give me an
example of the settings, so i can setup mine to do above. Alternatively

give
me a good website to do this setup.

Thanks
Ayub Khan

---

Old August 18th 04, 12:15 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Philip Edwards

I've got EXACTLY the same problem.

makesure all versions of windows u use have file & printer sharing
installed.

Do you mean INSTALLED or ENABLED. Either way, how do you do it?

Phil