Wireless ADSL

Old August 13th 04, 07:51 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
jpdal5921

Default Wireless ADSL

Hi,

I'm thinking about getting a Wireless ADSL modem for my network at home.
Whats the pros and cons? Also, how easy will it be to setup ?

Btw, I have 1 windows 98se PC and one wih Windows XP Home.

Thanks for your time....

---

Old August 13th 04, 04:40 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
AJ

jpdal5921 wrote:
Hi,

I'm thinking about getting a Wireless ADSL modem for my network at home.
Whats the pros and cons? Also, how easy will it be to setup ?

Pro's are no wiring and portability (using a laptop pda etc)

Cons are not as fast as a wired network (but more than fast enough for
distributing ADSL), some of the hardware can be a bit fussy especially
when using various brands.

They are fairly easy top set up initially but some of the the more
involved functions can take a bit of studying to get working correctly
if you are a novice but it ain't rocket science, you will have far less
problems in my experience if you stick to one manufacturer for all the
hardware.

Btw, I have 1 windows 98se PC and one wih Windows XP Home.

XP is much more suited to networking and is far more stable - win 98 can
be a pain, the network can be working fine then, for no apparent reason
will just stop working, again in my experience.

Thanks for your time....

---