Best place for a proxy/cache

Old August 14th 04, 09:22 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
AR Gonot

Default Best place for a proxy/cache

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 18:58:23 +0100, AR Gonot
strung together this:

Going the Linux route the easy way to do it would be to use the IPCop
1.3 distro sitting between the network hub and the router.

So how do you setup IPCop as a cache then?
-- SJW A.C.S. Ltd

Really easy after install IPCop is setup remotely via a web inteface
see screenshot
http://ipcop.sourceforge.net/twiki/p...proxy_full.png

I just discovered a spam/viri/web proxy filter addon for IPCop 1.4Beta
see http://members.inode.at/m.madlener/ipcop/
I can't yet recommend IPCop 1.4b as for some reasit won't run on my
IPCop PC.

Old August 14th 04, 10:37 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
lurch

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 21:22:33 +0100, AR Gonot
strung together this:

Really easy after install IPCop is setup remotely via a web inteface
see screenshot
http://ipcop.sourceforge.net/twiki/p...proxy_full.png

Oh yes, so it does. I never looked at that bit, I just installed it
and pretty much left it at that since then.
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd