Win2k can't access Win98?

Old August 14th 04, 11:03 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking,uk.comp.os.win2000
Graham

Default Win2k can't access Win98?

I have a 2 station network ... Win2k desktop with a Win98 laptop.

I have set up a user on the desktop so that the laptop can access shares
on the desktop. This works fine.

I can see both PC's in Network Places on both systems.

However, when i try to access the laptop from Network Places on the
desktop machine, i get an error message that "the network path cannot be
found"; it works fine the other way round, i.e laptop to desktop.

Any ideas?

File and print sharing installed on the 98 PC? (control panel – network –
configuration tab)
Anything to share? (is there a ‘hand’ under the C drive icon)

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%