advice needed on wired/wireless network

Old August 19th 04, 01:27 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
jmildon

Default advice needed on wired/wireless network

hi
i have 2 pc's networked using a netgear rp614 cable router but will be
getting a laptop and want it to have a wireless connection .do i have to get
a new router or can i add a wireless access point to the router i already
have and continue to have 2 pc's wired and the laptop wireless.thanks in
advance for any help

Old August 19th 04, 03:18 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
George Hewitt

hi
i have 2 pc's networked using a netgear rp614 cable router but will be
getting a laptop and want it to have a wireless connection .do i have to

get
a new router or can i add a wireless access point to the router i already
have and continue to have 2 pc's wired and the laptop wireless.thanks in
advance for any help

No you can just buy an access point and use a straight-through (ie. NOT
crossover) cable to connect to the router and away you go.

Also, please do browse a little through the newsgroup before posting since I
believe this question has been answered numerous times before.

HTH

---

Old August 19th 04, 08:50 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
PSXmad2

Hi
I have just done exactly this and used Belkin 54g access point and card.
connected up to my DLink router and after a quick config setup, away we
went.
atb
Tony