jeez there must be some simple program

Old August 20th 04, 03:07 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
mike

Default jeez there must be some simple program

first of all turn off all encryption

then try ping ipconfig etc.
post some results

mike

"BORG" wrote in message
I have a lappy with XP Home SP2 and a Desktop with exactly the same on

Both have WiFi, both WiFi says its connected and working, both show
100% signals but neither can see each other, now I've tried everything
setting TCP/IP myself using auto, ( On Auto is shows on both as no IP
numbers)

There must be some simple program that will set my network up I've
been at it 6 hours a day for 2 days now and no joy.

WEP is set and passworded all seems to be correct but they wont see
each other.

I've read through this group, being a reg, and have tried all the help
mention in other posts but nothing.

Any progs available ?

Even Network Stumbler shows the network as OK
--

E-Mail Addy ---Rot13 it
watch out for spam trap in header

Free Phone Unlocking
http://unlockme.co.uk

10p a Picture Message/MMS http://www.mmsit.co.uk/

http://www.davessite.co.uk Trike Power the TRUE Trinity

---

Old August 20th 04, 04:23 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
mike

ics can be a bit funny at the best of times, but once done ok stays
reliable.
just try a search for ics + your windows version on google.
there are lots of good sites that do a step by step trouble shoot.

www.practicallynetworked.com to name one

mike

"BORG" wrote in message
On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 02:07:01 GMT, "mike" wrote:

first of all turn off all encryption

then try ping ipconfig etc.
post some results

mike

sorted it, I went down the shop got a can of Dr Peppers and some
Golden V, sat on the sofa and said. OK work or you go in the bin you
&&^%$$%^^%%@@* and as if by magic I can now see the computers, still
can't get ICS working though and I don't want to use AnologeX as nit
can't handle all my e mail accounts

Old August 20th 04, 08:45 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
AR Gonot

BORG wrote:
On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 02:07:01 GMT, "mike" wrote:

snip

%$$%^^%%@@* and as if by magic I can now see the computers, still
can't get ICS working though and I don't want to use AnologeX as nit
can't handle all my e mail accounts

Try "Freeproxy" also Mozilla Thunderbird has no problems when pointed
to a proxy.