Netgear DG814 - keep needing to apply settings

Old August 22nd 04, 10:16 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Anthony James

Default Netgear DG814 - keep needing to apply settings

My router keeps dropping my ADSL connection (with pipex). The 'i'
light is on the front and the gateway stats show it is still up but i
cant connect to anything until i 'apply settings' again.

It's getting annoying - is there anything i can do?
Old August 22nd 04, 07:07 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Falcon

"Anthony James" wrote in message
My router keeps dropping my ADSL connection (with pipex). The 'i'
light is on the front and the gateway stats show it is still up but i
cant connect to anything until i 'apply settings' again.

It's getting annoying - is there anything i can do?

I have a DG834G, so I'm not sure whether the set-up is the same, but mine
has an "idle time-out" setting. Anything other than a zero will time out the
ADSL link after 'x' minutes inactivity. If you have an idle time-out
function, you could check it.

Hope this helps

--
Falcon:
fide, sed cui vide. (L)

Old August 30th 04, 09:21 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Anthony James

"Falcon" wrote in message
I have a DG834G, so I'm not sure whether the set-up is the same, but mine
has an "idle time-out" setting. Anything other than a zero will time out the
ADSL link after 'x' minutes inactivity. If you have an idle time-out
function, you could check it.

That's set to 0 - ie dont timeout.