Setting up a Printer in a wireless network

Old August 25th 04, 07:34 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
~~~Cindy~~~

Default Setting up a Printer in a wireless network

Hello,

I'm wondering if it's possible to setup a printer so that it can be
accessed wirelessesly. We have 3 computers with Windows XP. One of
them is a laptop. They are all attached to DSL. We have them connected
with a Linksys wireless router. Two of them have wireless network
cards. We would like it if we could get the printer that's hooked to
one of the computers to be accessible to the other two computers. Is
there a way to do this?

- itzadreamer
Old August 25th 04, 09:08 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Solo

All you need is a wireless print server, just do a search.

--
Regards [email protected]

m...

Old August 25th 04, 09:24 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
George Hewitt

I'm wondering if it's possible to setup a printer so that it can be
accessed wirelessesly. We have 3 computers with Windows XP. One of
them is a laptop. They are all attached to DSL. We have them connected
with a Linksys wireless router. Two of them have wireless network
cards. We would like it if we could get the printer that's hooked to
one of the computers to be accessible to the other two computers. Is
there a way to do this?

If you've enabled Client for Microsoft Networks on all the machines (in
Network properties), then you can simply share the printer from the computer
it's connected to.

You can share the printer by opening up Printers & Faxes, and right clicking
on the icon for the printer, selecting Sharing. Choose a name that you'll
remember (eg. make of printer, eg Epson)

On each of the other machines, add a new printer, select Network Printer
when asked, and then you can either browse to it, or the path will be
\\machinename\printername, where machinename is the name of the computer
that is sharing it, and printername the name of the printer.

HTH

Old September 1st 04, 11:56 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Bluesky

If you've enabled Client for Microsoft Networks on all the machines (in
Network properties), then you can simply share the printer from the

computer
it's connected to.

Quick question , a ADSL Modem / Wireless Router is normally hard firewalled
does opening up client as above compromise security in any way ?

--
Cheers
Paul [Bluesky Marketing]

http://www.laserpointers.co.uk