Local Network gone since SP2

Old August 26th 04, 07:57 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Ian Rutson

Default Local Network gone since SP2

Well, at least it was there yesterday, and gone today!

If I go to explorer, My Network Places, Entire network, there are only
entries for Terminal Services and Web Client Network. The other one
'Windows Network' or something like, has done a runner.

Also, my mapped drives and entering \\compter\share are coming up with:

.... refers to a location that is unavailable.

I've tried turning off the shiny new winodws firewall, and disabling the
existing firewall to no avail.

any ideas please...

Ian

Old August 27th 04, 07:56 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Odie Ferrous

Ian Rutson wrote:

Well, at least it was there yesterday, and gone today!

If I go to explorer, My Network Places, Entire network, there are only
entries for Terminal Services and Web Client Network. The other one
'Windows Network' or something like, has done a runner.

Also, my mapped drives and entering \\compter\share are coming up with:

... refers to a location that is unavailable.

I've tried turning off the shiny new winodws firewall, and disabling the
existing firewall to no avail.

any ideas please...

Ian

From memory, after an upgrade to SP2 you often (not always, though??)
need to re-run the networking wizard.

After that, you may also need to reconfigure your TCP/IP settings.

Odie
--

RetroData
Data Recovery Experts
Old August 27th 04, 04:34 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Ian Rutson

"Odie Ferrous" wrote in message
Ian Rutson wrote:

From memory, after an upgrade to SP2 you often (not always, though??)
need to re-run the networking wizard.

After that, you may also need to reconfigure your TCP/IP settings.

Hmmm... last time I ran that flipping wizard it took me a week to get things
right! But nowt to lose no I spose.

Cheers

Old August 28th 04, 09:55 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
lurch

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 19:57:11 +0100, "Ian Rutson"
strung together this:

any ideas please...

I've just seen this in another group.

http://management.silicon.com/itpro/...9123186,00.htm

If I had XP, I don't think I'd bother with SP2
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd
Old August 29th 04, 10:31 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Dave Stanton

On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 21:55:59 +0100, Lurch wrote:

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 19:57:11 +0100, "Ian Rutson"
strung together this:

any ideas please...

I've just seen this in another group.

http://management.silicon.com/itpro/...9123186,00.htm

If I had XP, I don't think I'd bother with SP2

Well tested as usual!!!

Dave

Old August 31st 04, 12:27 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Stormsinger

"Ian Rutson" wrote:

"Odie Ferrous" wrote in message
Ian Rutson wrote:

From memory, after an upgrade to SP2 you often (not always, though??)
need to re-run the networking wizard.

After that, you may also need to reconfigure your TCP/IP settings.

Hmmm... last time I ran that flipping wizard it took me a week to get things
right! But nowt to lose no I spose.

You're not running NOD32 AV are you? I believe that this can cause loss of "network
connectivity" according to the MS site. An update of NOD32 is now available on their
web site that fixes this, if that is your problem.
--
Email addy is a spam trap - Spam will go to a spammer
Please post in the group to reply.
Old August 31st 04, 02:56 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Tiny Tim

"Stormsinger" wrote in message
"Ian Rutson" wrote:

"Odie Ferrous" wrote in message
Ian Rutson wrote:

From memory, after an upgrade to SP2 you often (not always, though??)
need to re-run the networking wizard.

After that, you may also need to reconfigure your TCP/IP settings.

Hmmm... last time I ran that flipping wizard it took me a week to get
things
right! But nowt to lose no I spose.

You're not running NOD32 AV are you? I believe that this can cause loss of
"network
connectivity" according to the MS site. An update of NOD32 is now
available on their
web site that fixes this, if that is your problem.

FWIW I run NOD32 on one laptop and NAV 2004 on two others. All upgraded to
SP2 without any drama. The NOD32 machine was XP Pro and the NAV 2004
machines were one Pro and one Home.