Best wireless network router/hub?

Old August 28th 04, 10:25 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
mutley

Default Best wireless network router/hub?

Hi,

Whats the best wireless network router/hub to go for? I will be using it on
a ADSL connection.

Thanks in advance.

Mutley
--
Please reply to this group. Email removed due to Virus attacks

Old August 31st 04, 12:30 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Stormsinger

"mutley" wrote:

Hi,

Whats the best wireless network router/hub to go for? I will be using it on
a ADSL connection.

Thanks in advance.

I'm using the Linksys WAG54G, router/ADSLmodem/4 port switch/firewall here, and it
works beautifully (fx: bang, crash g). I'd highly recommend it.

--
Email addy is a spam trap - Spam will go to a spammer
Please post in the group to reply.
Old September 1st 04, 12:27 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
THe NuTTeR

"Stormsinger" wrote in message
"mutley" wrote:

Hi,

Whats the best wireless network router/hub to go for? I will be using
it on
a ADSL connection.

Thanks in advance.

I'm using the Linksys WAG54G, router/ADSLmodem/4 port switch/firewall
here, and it
works beautifully (fx: bang, crash g). I'd highly recommend it.

Have you been able to use it with Global IP addresses on the LAN? I have
rights to a range at the moment, but I'm having to use NAT so i can
email, and do windows update. Most annoying.

Old September 1st 04, 12:48 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Stormsinger

"THe NuTTeR" wrote:

"Stormsinger" wrote in message
.. .
"mutley" wrote:

Hi,

Whats the best wireless network router/hub to go for? I will be using
it on
a ADSL connection.

Thanks in advance.

I'm using the Linksys WAG54G, router/ADSLmodem/4 port switch/firewall
here, and it
works beautifully (fx: bang, crash g). I'd highly recommend it.

Have you been able to use it with Global IP addresses on the LAN? I have
rights to a range at the moment, but I'm having to use NAT so i can
email, and do windows update. Most annoying.

Everything here I've set manually, both for the fixed desktops and the wireless
laptop. This I've done because I tend to have more confidence in stuff I've set up
(rather than relying on Windoze) and historically because I've an Epson laser printer
with a LAN card that requires a fixed IP addy. Also it means if I need to attach
another box to the network, or indeed a wireless laptop then I can manually configure
stuff and keep control of what is going on. (I'm using the standard 192.168.1.x
address range).