Wireless Networking and SP2

Old August 29th 04, 12:35 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Antony Colwood

Default Wireless Networking and SP2

It may be too soon to be definitive and I'm still keeping my fingers
crossed, but Micro$oft seem finally to have sorted out the wireless
networking in XP!

The wireless used to take ages to come up after starting the PC, but it now
comes up as soon as the machine is ready to use.

It's only my opinion but this alone has made SP2 worthwhile.

--
Antony Colwood

Old August 29th 04, 01:57 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
THe NuTTeR

Oh yeah, it fixed it.
I have a Laptop running XP Pro, with onboard LAN and a Netgear MA521 PC
Card.
Somehow while running SP1, the ability to control the wireless networks
(and therefore connect to a new network) disappeared. With SP2 it has
returned. Shame I can't actually pick up the wireless lan from here.
Really need to move the box, but that requires rewiring telephone points
as I have the old engineer installed Master Splitter ADSL